Building your ecommerce store does not work like constructing an actual shop. You have to work on the interior first and then proceed to build its foundation. When deciding on your website’s theme, your customer and industry’s preferenceprecedes your own. If you are in the process of building your ecommerce website then give this a read to make sure your website’s design is at par with market trends.
Accessibility and functionality should be your top most priority when it comes to the theme. When building the design of your web presence it is important to acknowledge that majority of your customers will pour in from mobile phones and other devices. In order for you to able to cash in this customer flow, your theme should be optimized for smooth navigation on small screens as well as large screens. Failure to do so will result in losing a good volume of customers who do not prefer shopping from their computers and laptops.
Otheraspects to consider when choosing a theme are to make sure it is responsive, customizable and visually attractive.
- A responsive theme affects your SEO and customer experience.
- In addition to being responsive your theme should also be appealing to your customers.
- A great way to achieve this would be to do a little homework and research on your competition and target audience. This will give an idea what works best in the market and what to avoid in order for your e-store to stand out from the rest.
- A customizable theme means to opt for a design which can be personalized according to your needs. Where you can insert features like header, banners, footer, slides and other tools which you can add to highlight new products or promotions.
Content planning is also an important factor to weigh in when deciding upon a theme. Your theme should work in sync with your content strategy. Therefore, knowing and planning the type of content you will display on your website will help you choose the right theme for your business. Content material you can plan with:
- Featured Images
- Social Media
Having all that figured and planned you need to look into necessary user experience features. Your design needs to meet the expectations of today’s consumers. They want advanced features that provide them an advanced and fast shopping experience. Take a look at some features necessary for an efficient ecommerce store:
- Visible CTA
- Live chat box and customer support
- Upselling features
- Search bar navigation
- Fast loading time
- Easy checkout
- Multiple payment options
Now you know choosing a theme for your ecommerce website is easier said than done. It demands for you to consider every inch of it and work accordingly in order to succeed at developing an efficient e-store.
You can save yourself from this hassle by partnering with Baselyne to give your customers an optimized user experience, coupled with stunning designs and added functionality. Baselyne’s expert team has a deep understand of both, businesses and customers in Karachi and Pakistan. Therefore, it offers brands the opportunity to stand out from their competition by a selection of themes which are designed to make an impact.
Whether you opt for Baselyne or decide to do it all on your own, make sure you decide in the best interest of your brand.